The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is a federal agency that is responsible for enforcing tax laws in the United States. As taxpayers, it is normal for us to have questions regarding our taxes, such as filing requirements, payment deadlines, and tax refunds. If you have any concerns regarding your taxes, you might want to contact the IRS for assistance. In this blog post, we will provide you with a simple guide to contacting the IRS by phone. Specifically, we will answer the question “What is the irs phone number (irs numero de telefono)?”
The IRS provides several phone numbers for taxpayers to call depending on their particular concern. Here are the IRS phone numbers that you might find helpful:
1. For individual taxpayers: If you have a question about your tax return or payment, you can call the IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm local time. Please expect long wait times, especially during tax season.
2. For businesses: If you’re calling on behalf of a business, you should call 1-800-829-4933. The hours of operation are also Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 7 pm local time.
3. For hearing-impaired taxpayers: If you are deaf or have trouble hearing, you can call the TTY/TDD line at 1-800-829-4059. The hours of operation are the same as the individual taxpayer line.
4. For tax professionals: If you are a tax professional calling the IRS on behalf of a client, you should call the practitioner priority service at 1-866-860-4259. This hotline is available Monday to Friday from 7 am to 7 pm local time.
5. For international taxpayers: If you live outside the United States, you can call 267-941-1000 instead of the 1-800 numbers. Keep in mind that long-distance charges may apply.
It’s important to note that the IRS is currently experiencing a backlog of calls due to coronavirus-related shutdowns. If possible, try to use online tools like the IRS website or IRS2Go app. You can check your refund status, pay your taxes, and even update your address online. Additionally, some tax-related services can be provided by tax professionals. They can help you understand your filing requirements, prepare your return and review it for accuracy, and even file it electronically on your behalf. By working with a tax professional, you can ensure that you get the most out of your refund.
No matter how you choose to file, it’s important to make sure that you do so accurately and on time. The IRS has the power to assess penalties for late or inaccurate filings, so it’s best to be prepared and submit your taxes as early as possible. It may take some effort on your part, but taking care of your taxes can save you a lot of hassle in the long run.
Your taxes are an important part of your financial life, so it’s important to stay on top of them and make sure that you’re doing everything correctly. With a bit of preparation and research, filing your taxes can be a straightforward process.
The IRS phone numbers are an essential resource for anyone who needs assistance with their taxes. Remember that wait times can be long, particularly during tax season, so you may want to consider using the IRS’s online tools or reaching out to a tax professional for help. As always, it’s essential to make sure you have all your tax-related documents ready before making the call.